The Dee has the tagged me. Which would have been tiresome, except that since I'm too exhausted to write a proper post, this works fine.
So I'm to list my 10 "simple pleasures", eh? And they can't just be 10 different kinds of food?
Oh, awrite! Spoilsports.
In no particular order of preference :-
1. The company of old friends I haven't been in touch with for years.
2. Tastes - dark chocolate, mixed fruit jam, australian grapes, absolut vodka, mid-afternoon cigarette when I haven't smoked all day, ... D.
3. Smells - first cup of coffee in the morning; burning incense, camphor and sandalwood at the pujo pandal; wet earth during heavy rains, my Lux shower gel, ... uhm, y'know.
4. Flowers. Unpicked flowers. White or violet. Also, watching the shrubbery outside my house tremble in the wind.
5. Waking up to the cooing of the friendly neighbourhood kokil.
6. Meeting someone for the first time and realising you're going to be friends forev - .. for a very long time, at the very least.
7. Standing on the weighing machine and whooping for joy because I weigh 20 grams less than yesterday, which means I'm closer by 0.00023% to not being overweight any more.
8. Whole-night, all-girls parties. There's booze, there's food, there's conversation, and you don't have to wear a bra. [we're having one tonight, yabba-dabba-dooo!]
10. Coming back home - to my computer and YM, to Monday comedies on Star World, to Radio Mirchi, to the reassurance that my parents are only a floor and two away.
I will continue this chain of evil by tagging utey, Laura, "sen"sational, sandman and MadameSosostris.